Sifting through stacks of business cards and keeping track of contacts can feel like a daunting task. As can managing the business cards of your employees.
Luckily, there are software options to help with both. But how do you know which one to choose?
We’ve done the heavy lifting for you and looked at dozens of business card management software options and judged them against set criteria.
Our goal? To ensure you find the software that not only meets your needs but exceeds your expectations and creates processes where you can exchange business cards easily.
And the result is this list of 11.
Not all solutions are created equal, and your selection should align with your business needs, networking style, and technology comfort level.
Here’s a look at what we’ve evaluated each business card management software against:
- Features and functionality
- Ease of use
- Mobile compatibility
- Security and privacy
Not only have we considered how many features and functions the business card management software has, we’ve also considered the relevance of those features.
Because a feature that doesn’t help you is a waste. What type of features are we looking at?
Ones that help you: customize cards, organize and search for contacts, share cards.
The software should be intuitive and easy to navigate, even for those not tech-savvy. From creating a new card to updating contact details on an existing one, the processes should be smooth and fast. User-friendliness, therefore, becomes an essential yardstick in our evaluation.
A good business card management system should offer seamless mobile compatibility, allowing you to network anytime, anywhere.
Whether it’s sharing a card at an impromptu meeting or scanning a card received at a networking event, the software should offer an effortless mobile experience.
The ability of your business card management system to integrate with popular tools you use like your HR system, CRM, email marketing software, and social media platforms can significantly enhance its usability.
That’s why integrations are a major criterion.
Your data is precious and any tool that stores information specific to you should have robust security standards.
Encryption, secure cloud storage, and strict privacy policies are some of the aspects we’ve weighed in this criterion.
When it comes to business card management, there’s typically two types to be aware of. There’s software that manages your employees’ cards and software that manages the cards you receive from others.
That can include digital business card providers and business card scanning apps.
Our list of the 11 best business card management software covers both.
Doorway leads the charge as a forward-thinking digital business card provider. It’s designed with the needs of businesses and enterprises in mind, and has positioned itself as a sustainable, secure, and effective way to provide employees with business cards.
- Fortified Data Security: Doorway’s data security measures include SOCII compliance, ensuring your sensitive business information remains protected at all times.
- Shareable to Unlimited Contacts: With Doorway, there’s no cap on networking. You can share your digital business cards with an unlimited number of contacts.
- HR Software Integration: Doorway can seamlessly integrate into your HR software, enabling automated management of employee business cards.
- Effortless Updates: Updating contact details across all your employees is a breeze with Doorway. It keeps everyone in the loop without manual effort.
- Smartphone Requirement: Doorway requires users to have a smartphone, which might be a limiting factor for some individuals.
- Business Focus: While Doorway is excellent for businesses, it might not be the ideal choice for individual users due to its features and pricing structure.
Doorway offers the first month free with its paid plans.
From there, pricing falls under four tiers:
- Free: Free for individuals.
- Core Tier: $300 for 100 cards, 1 design, 20 trees planted per month, and more.
- Business Tier: $700 for 500 cards, 5 designs, 50 trees planted per month, and more.
- Enterprise Tier: Custom number of cards, custom designs, custom trees planted per month, administrative units, white labeling, HR integration, SSO, and more.
Best Use Case
B2B and Enterprise businesses looking for a comprehensive, secure, and automated solution for managing digital business cards will find Doorway a strong choice.
It ticks off all the boxes on our criteria list, offering rich functionality, ease of use, mobile compatibility, superb integrations, and stellar security, making it a worthy leader on our list.
2. Sansan – Cloud-Based Contact Management
Sansan offers a contact management system with a unique spin, transforming business cards into a rich data source for Sales teams.
- Highly Accurate: Sansan shines in digitizing business cards, boasting a 99.9% accuracy rate. It supports most major languages, making it versatile for international use.
- Collaborative Database: Sansan promotes teamwork with a shareable database of contacts, allowing the entire company to benefit from each networking effort.
- Easy Workflow: Scan, store, manage, and action – Sansan streamlines these steps to simplify contact management.
- Great Integration: With built-in Salesforce compatibility and an Open API, Sansan connects seamlessly with your existing tools.
- Dependency on Cloud: Sansan’s cloud-based system might pose an accessibility issue if you experience unstable internet connections.
- Language Limitation: While Sansan can read and digitize many languages, there might still be some less common languages it doesn’t support.
- Lack of transparency: There’s very little information on their website about the cost of their virtual card management service.
Sansan does not share their pricing on their website.
Best use case:
Teams seeking a seamless way to manage new contacts from business cards will find Sansan valuable.
But it does have limitations compared to other options. Doorway, for example, outperforms Sansan in terms of business card data security, mobile compatibility, and straightforward pricing structure. It’s crucial to weigh these factors to ensure your choice aligns with your business needs.
3. Hubspot Business Card Scanner
Hubspot’s Business Card Scanner caters to businesses looking for a quick, efficient way to digitize their networking efforts.
- Quick Scanning: You can scan business cards by snapping a picture. The information is instantly imported into your contact list.
- Hubspot Integration: The scanner is part of Hubspot’s expansive ecosystem, enabling seamless integration with your existing CRM and marketing tools.
- Mobile-Friendly: With an app-based operation, Hubspot’s scanner ensures you can network on the go.
- Limited Standalone Use: While excellent within the Hubspot ecosystem, the scanner’s utility might be limited without the full suite of Hubspot tools.
- Dependent on Photo Quality: Poor lighting or camera quality might affect the scanner’s accuracy.
The scanner is included in Hubspot’s CRM suite which means you’ll need to set-up a Hubspot account. There’s a free (but limited) tier, a Starter tier at $50 per month, a Professional tier at $1,781 per month, and an Enterprise tier at $5000 per month.
Best use case:
If you’re already using Hubspot’s services or planning to, their Business Card Scanner is a valuable addition to your networking toolbox.
Knowee is a digital business card app that allows easy sharing and offers interactive card features, with a strong local presence in Spain.
- Easy Sharing: Knowee’s digital cards can be shared via email, WhatsApp, LinkedIn, and other platforms, making networking a breeze.
- Interactive Cards: Beyond simple contact details, Knowee’s cards can include video presentations and clickable links.
- Limited Design Options: Knowee’s cards may not offer as many design options compared to some other software on this list.
- Free Version Limitations: The free version of Knowee has some limitations, which might require a paid upgrade for a full-featured experience.
Knowee provides a flexible pricing structure to accommodate different needs. There’s a free individual plan for basic use, while the Team Pack and Business Pack provide expanded features. For specific needs, Knowee offers a Customizable Pack.
Their plans start from an affordable $0.95/month per user.
Best use case:
Knowee is beneficial for businesses based in Spain due to its strong local presence, affordable pricing, and environmental ethos. However, businesses who want an app-free way of using their cards and a seamless management process that integrates with their HR systems should look to other solutions.
5. HiHello – Digital Business Card App
HiHello focuses on personalization, allowing you to create distinct digital cards for different professional scenarios.
- Create Multiple Cards: With HiHello, you can maintain separate cards for different roles or networking situations, providing flexibility.
- Quick Sharing: HiHello’s cards can be shared swiftly through a QR code or link, enabling effortless networking.
- Limited Advanced Features: While HiHello offers good basic functionality, it may lack advanced features provided by other software on this list.
- Limited Customization: HiHello’s card design options might not be as extensive as other platforms.
- Reliant on internet connection: Because it’s app-based, their digital cards require access to the internet in order to be shared.
HiHello provides free personal accounts with premium plans for advanced features.
Their Professional plan is $6 per month for one user while their Business plan is $5 per user for 5+ users. They also offer a custom-priced Enterprise plan for companies with 100+ users.
Best use case:
HiHello is great for individuals seeking personalized, scenario-specific digital cards.
6. Abbyy – Business Card Reader
ABBYY is a business card reader that employs OCR technology to digitize business cards you receive.
- Accurate Scanning: ABBYY’s OCR technology translates photos of business cards into digital data with high accuracy.
- Multi-Language Support: The card reader supports 25 languages, making it suitable for global networking.
- Integration with Major Platforms: ABBYY integrates with platforms like Excel, Salesforce, and Outlook, helping you manage contacts seamlessly.
- Limited to Scanning: ABBYY’s focus is on card reading, and it may not offer comprehensive business card management features.
- Dependent on Camera Quality: The accuracy of the scan relies heavily on the quality of your device’s camera.
You can get started for free but will then need to transfer to one of their paid plans.
Their plans start at $7.99 monthly.
Best use case
ABBYY is a great option for businesses needing to digitize a large number of physical cards quickly and accurately.
7. ScanBizCards – Business Card Scanner App
ScanBizCards is a convenient tool to quickly digitize physical business cards, making it easy to scan business cards and organize them.
- Fast Scanning: Using your smartphone’s camera, ScanBizCards quickly converts business cards into digital contacts.
- Integration: It seamlessly syncs with major CRM platforms and email systems, streamlining contact management.
- Human Transcription Service: For cards that are hard to read, ScanBizCards offers a human transcription service to ensure accuracy.
- Focused on Scanning: Its core functionality is scanning, so it might not offer the comprehensive management features of other software.
- Accuracy Dependent on Photo Quality: Like other scanning apps, the accuracy can be affected by the photo quality.
There’s a free version with limited capabilities. Then there’s two core prices. One for or teams of up to 50 users at $100 per user per year and a custom plan for larger businesses.
Best use case
ScanBizCards is a practical solution for those needing a straightforward, efficient way to digitize a large number of business cards.
8. Covve – Business Card Scanner App
Covve brings a fresh take on business card scanning with a focus on preserving the human element in digital networking.
- Scanning and More: Covve not only scans business cards but also helps you manage and nurture your professional relationships.
- AI-powered News Engine: Covve’s AI keeps you updated with news about your contacts, giving you conversation starters.
- Complicated advance features: Covve’s scanning feature is part of a larger suite. For simple scanning needs, other apps might be more straightforward.
Covve offers a free trial and an Annual plan at $59.99. You can also get unlimited scans for $119.
Best use case
Covve is great for professionals who want to maintain meaningful connections with their contacts.
Camcard simplifies business card management by efficiently scanning and organizing cards.
- Quick and Accurate Scanning: Camcard ensures rapid, precise digitization of your business cards.
- Effective Organization: It categorizes your contacts, making them easy to manage and access.
- Limited Advanced Features: While Camcard does its job well, it may not offer as many features as other comprehensive business card solutions.
Camcard offers different plans to suit your needs but pricing starts at $21 per user per month with a minimum of 10 users required.
Best Use Case
Camcard is ideal for individual professionals needing a straightforward, effective card scanning and management solution.
10. Scan to Salesforce – Business Card Scanner App for CRM
Scan to Salesforce makes it easy to digitize business cards directly into your Salesforce CRM.
- Seamless Salesforce Integration: Scanned business cards go straight into your Salesforce database, ensuring smooth data management.
- Quick Scanning: The app allows fast and accurate digitization of business cards.
- Dependent on Salesforce: Its usefulness is tied to the Salesforce platform.
It’s a free tool but needs to be used in conjunction with Salesforce.
Best Use Case
Scan to Salesforce is excellent for businesses using Salesforce CRM and wanting to streamline their contact management.
11. MagneticOne – Mobile Business Card Reader
MagneticOne Mobile provides an advanced business card reader that translates card data into actionable contact details.
- Highly Accurate Scanning: The reader is efficient and accurate, quickly translating business cards into digital contacts.
- Integration: It supports integration with popular CRM systems for seamless contact management.
- Focused on Scanning: While it provides advanced scanning, it might lack the broader management features of other platforms.
MagneticOne Mobile offers several pricing plans. They start from $199 and go up to $9999, yearly.
Best Use Case
MagneticOne Mobile is a solid option for businesses focusing primarily on card scanning and integration with their existing CRM system.
Additional Resources for Business Card Management
You may also find these articles and resources useful as you select the perfect business card management software for your needs.
Speak to our team